Yoga Teacher Training
This unique Yoga Teacher Training Course gives you the opportunity to deepen your yoga practice, achieve big personal changes and to become a knowledgeable & certified yoga teacher. Teaching yoga is a fulfilling and responsible task. It requires a strong yoga practice & precise knowledge of teaching pedagogy. You will develop these during the training.
New start in 2020
Start: 14 January 2020
Duration: 2 years
Day & time: Every Tuesday 18.30 – 22.00
Intensives: 6 weekends & 2 weeks
Registration is still possible!
It is not too late to enroll in the program – we have few places left!
You have some questions or need some guidance? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will come back to you asap.
Yoga develops the whole personality. You will notice this in increasing health and vitality, and success and fulfillment in professional and family relationships. With regular practice the connection between you and your environment will grow. You will discover your hidden talents and can gradually begin expanding them. Yoga leads to awareness, higher levels of consciousness and develops your connection with your true Self. Through your personal practice you will generate life energy (prana) which will give you the charisma needed to inspire people. By integrating your yoga knowledge in daily life you will become a strong and rooted teacher.
We, Yoga Vidya Rotterdam represent a pragmatic, non-dogmatic and spiritual yoga. During the training you will work with diverse techniques and thereby discover what is best for you. You retain the freedom to integrate elements of other yoga or exercise systems into your practice. After all, yoga helps you to experience life in its fullness and completeness.
The Yoga Teacher Training Course consists of intensive practice of Hatha yoga (postures, breath, relaxation, cleansing, anatomy, teaching methods, diet & Ayurveda), Kundalini yoga (energetic practices, astral body, chakras), Raja yoga (meditation & concentration practices, yogic values), Bhakti yoga (Mantra’s and rituals), Jnana yoga (inquiry, study of scriptures) and Karma yoga (yoga in daily life activity).
Traditional Yoga with a modern touch.
We use century old & effective techniques from the holistic yoga, based on the teachings of Swami Sivananda. Supplemented with scientific knowledge from physics, medicine and psychology, the system of classical yoga is relevant for the 21st century.
The first year is a systematic training of all aspects of your personality and creates a solid foundation for your own practice and teaching. The second year includes the deepening of your own practice and the study of classical yoga scriptures (Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika and the Yoga Sutras). Human anatomy, physiology, and kinematics are also covered. You learn the basics of teaching yoga with emphasis on: Beginners, intermediate, advanced, yoga for the back, yoga for pregnancy, yoga for children, yoga for seniors. Through teaching each other in small groups with professional supervision you will collect valuable teaching experiences.
This training is very comprehensive and therefor gives you a very good basis to become an authentic yoga practitioner and yoga teacher.
At the end of the Teacher Training Course there will be an exam weekend in Germany.
Yoga every week!
The weekly meeting includes: asanas, pranayama, deep relaxation (Savasana), meditation, mental techniques, mantra singing, lecture, discussion and a light vegan/vegetarian meal. The continuity of weekly meetings enable a systematic training and individual coaching. Each week, new exercises are recommended and tasks for daily life are given. In this way you are able and encouraged to put what you have learned into practice right away.
Dates weekly classes & intensives
Additional to the weekly meetings there are five intensive weekends in Rotterdam and two intensive weeks at the seminar house Yoga Vidya Bad Meinberg (Germany) within the 2 year program. These are designed to deepen and intensify your practice. Without the distractions of your everyday life you will experience a depth which brings your practice to a new level. The spiritual atmosphere and tranquility of the powerful retreat centre in Germany will support deep experiences during meditation.
Weekly class in Rotterdam
Every Tuesday 18.30 – 22.00
Start 14 January 2020
Dates of the intensives of the first year:
Intensive week in Bad Meinberg (Germany)
13 till 20 September 2020 (Sunday till Sunday)
Intensive weekends in Rotterdam
14&15 March | 6&7 June | 31 Okt & 1 Nov 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
20 July till 16 August 2020
21 December 2020 till 3 January 2021
Dates of the second year will be announced in June 2020.
The training classes end in December 2021.
Exam weekend in Bad Meinberg wil be in January or February 2022.
Recognition & Examination
Yoga Vidya is Europe’s leading education institute for yoga teachers. We are recognized by & registered at the international organization Yoga Alliance. Vidya e. V. is recognized and registered as training institute by the international organization Yoga Alliance. This 2-year yoga teacher training is recognized by the Yoga Alliance with 500 hours. Once registered with the Yoga Alliance you may use the title RYT 500. It is also possible to register at the Nederlandse Yoga Vereniging.
Requirement for admission to the exam is participation in the Yoga Vidya Teacher Training Course. The exam consists of at least four times teaching, a written exam and, if needed, an oral exam. The Exam will be held at Yoga Vidya Bad Meinberg (D) during a weekend at the end of the training.
With the completion of the 200 hour Yoga Vidya teacher training (4 weeks intensive) you may start in the 2nd year of the 2-year teacher training. With the completion of the 200 hour training at the Sivananda organization (4 week intensive) and after an approved demonstration lessons, you may start in the 2nd year of the 2-year Yoga teacher training. Other courses or classes do not count on this Yoga teacher training program
We offer 4 different prices depending on the choice of accommodation during the intensive week in Germany. The costs are extended over a period of two years (24 months) and will be conducted from your account each month around the first.
- € 215 per month (dormitory or tent)
- € 224 per month (4-bedroom)
- € 236 per month (2-bedroom)
- € 249 per month (single room)
The dormitory counts 6-12 beds. The single room has its own bathroom.
The monthly fee includes:
- All Yoga Teacher Training course lessons
- A 2x per week subscription that gives access to yoga classes of the daily yoga schedule of Yoga Vidya Rotterdam
- Accommodation and organic, vegetarian/vegan meals during the intensive weeks
- Practical and theoretical exam
- Certificate when completed the training
- Yoga Teacher Manual, Kirtan book and Yoga Vidya carry bag
- Discount for many workshops & events at Yoga Vidya Rotterdam
- 20% discount on all seminars at the Yoga Vidya seminar houses in Germany
- All discounts are valid during the 2-year course period
*The course fees are tax deductible. So you can declare the full study costs including the extra costs of books at the the tax authority.
- Per training year approximately €70,- for books and class material
- Travel expenses to Bad Meinberg, approximately €50,- per year
- €75 | Early Bird before 1st of November 2019
- €175 | before 1st of January 2020
Including a personal intake conversation at Yoga Vidya Rotterdam or by (skype) call.
Conditions & Requirements
- Basic knowledge of asana and yoga philosophy are necessary to have an idea what to expect in this training.
- Regular participation in the training lessons and the desire to develop your self are assumed.
- Every day you will have to set aside approximately 30–90 minutes for your personal practice.
- During the second year we ask you to abstain from using drugs, alcohol, tobacco, meat and fish (because of advanced pranayama practice).
- The training will be given entirely in English and the literature is mostly English too. It is therefore necessary that you are familiar with the English language.
- Prerequisite for admission to the exam is a presence of at least 78 (of 87) of the weekly classes and full attendance of the 6 intensive weekends and the 2 intensive weeks.
- Missed classes and weekends can be replaced by following suitable workshops/seminars at Yoga Vidya Rotterdam or at the Yoga Vidya seminar houses (Germany). This involves expenses.
- If the program has to be aborted for any reason, this is possible but in that case a payment of 25% of the remaining training fee has to be made.
Dissatisfaction can always occur and should first be discussed with those directly involved. If there is a complaint, we would like to come out stronger together. Find the entire procedure in our complaints regulation:
Janine Brall (Rama Shakti) – Senior Teacher of the Yoga Teacher Training, Founder of Yoga Vidya Rotterdam; experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher, Spiritual coach, Reiki Master/ teacher, Ayurveda therapist, Vedanta scholar. She practices yoga intensively for more than 15 years and is constantly learning and training herself by visiting courses and spiritual teachers in Europe and India.
She is looking forward to guide you on your yoga path with an in-depth and down to earth approach. For specific topics guest teachers will be invited.
Iris Gloudemans – experienced yoga teacher. Teaches with love, detail and simplicity and has a mindful approach. Follows meditation retreats as well as the teachings of Vedanta.
Marjolein Rikkelman (Parashakti) – a young and wise teacher. She inspires the students by teaching with enthousiasm and from the heart. Yoga teacher, Ayurveda therapist, scholar of Vedanta.
Nadine Helm (Lakshmi Devi) – experienced yoga teacher specialized on mindfulness and non-violent communication. She teaches with awareness, dedication and refinement.
Olaf Brandt (Sadashiva) – experienced yoga teacher, master of advanced asanas and able to bring you to intens concentration. Scholar of Yoga therapy.
Guest teachers o.a.:
Lonneke van Eersel – Yoga for the back
Linda Hartenberg (Chitrani) – Anatomy
Swami Saradananda – senior teacher
You will receive a comprehensive yoga teacher manual and asana charts. The following books must be purchased:
- ‘The Complete Illustrated book of Yoga’ by Swami Vishnu Devananda
- ‘Meditation and Mantras’ by Swami Vishnu Devananda
- ‘The Bhagavad Gita’ by Swami Sivananda (free download)
- ‘Das Yoga Vidya Asana-Buch’ by Sukadev Bretz
- ‘The Hatha Yoga Pradipika’ by Swami Vishnu Devananda
- ‘The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali’ by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- ‘Understanding human Anatomy & Physiology’ by Mader
Information & Sign up
Free information evenings
During the information evening you will receive all relevant information and meet the main teacher. There is a possibility to ask your questions. And besides that it will already be an inspiration to join.
Sunday at 17.00 – 18.30
– 8 September 2019
– 6 Oktober 2019
– 3 November 2019
– 1 December 2019
Please register via email email@example.com mentioning your name and the date of the evening.
Please email Rama Shakti at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 06 25 100 420 for more information or to discuss your personal situation. You are also welcome to visit our centre for classes at any time.
Enrolling in the program is still possible. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to send an email to email@example.com or click the sign up button below and you will be guided through the sign up procedure.Sign up