Yoga Teacher Training
This unique Yoga Teacher Training Course gives you the opportunity to deepen your yoga practice, achieve big personal changes and to become a knowledgeable & certified yoga teacher. Teaching yoga is a fulfilling and responsible task. It requires a strong yoga practice & precise knowledge of teaching methodology. You will develop these during the training. We proudly offer this training for the 12th time!
New start in 2023
Start: 18 January 2023
Duration: 2 years
Day & time: Every Wednesday 09.00-12.30
Intensives: 6 weekends & 2 weeks
Yoga develops the whole personality. You will notice this in increasing health and vitality, and success and fulfillment in professional and family relationships. With regular practice the connection between you and your environment will grow. You will discover your hidden talents and can gradually begin expanding them. Yoga leads to awareness, higher levels of consciousness and develops your connection with your true Self. Through your personal practice you will generate life energy (prana) which will give you the charisma needed to inspire people. By integrating your yoga knowledge in daily life you will become a strong and rooted teacher.
We, Yoga Vidya Rotterdam represent a pragmatic, non-dogmatic and spiritual yoga. During the training you will work with diverse techniques and thereby discover what is best for you. You retain the freedom to integrate elements of other yoga or exercise systems into your practice. After all, yoga helps you to experience life in its fullness and completeness.
The Yoga Teacher Training Course consists of intensive practice of Hatha yoga (postures, breath, relaxation, cleansing, anatomy, teaching methods, diet & Ayurveda), Kundalini yoga (energetic practices, astral body, chakras), Raja yoga (meditation & concentration practices, yogic values), Bhakti yoga (Mantra’s and rituals), Jnana yoga (inquiry, study of scriptures) and Karma yoga (yoga in daily life activity).
Traditional Yoga with a modern touch.
We use century old & effective techniques from the holistic yoga, based on the teachings of Swami Sivananda. Supplemented with scientific knowledge from physics, medicine and psychology, the system of classical yoga is relevant for the 21st century.
The first year is a systematic training of all aspects of your personality and creates a solid foundation for your own practice and teaching. The second year includes the deepening of your own practice and the study of classical yoga scriptures (Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika and the Yoga Sutras). Human anatomy, physiology, and kinematics are also covered. You learn the basics of teaching yoga with emphasis on: Beginners, intermediate, advanced, yoga for the back, yoga for pregnancy, yoga for children, yoga for seniors. Through teaching each other in small groups with professional supervision you will collect valuable teaching experiences.
This training is very comprehensive and therefor gives you a very good basis to become an authentic yoga practitioner and yoga teacher.
At the end of the Teacher Training Course there will be an exam weekend in Germany.
Yoga every week!
The weekly meeting includes: asanas, pranayama, deep relaxation (Savasana),
meditation, mental techniques, mantra singing, lecture, discussion and a light vegan/vegetarian meal. The continuity of weekly meetings enable a systematic training and individual coaching. Each week, new exercises are recommended and tasks for daily life are given. In this way you are able and encouraged to put what you have learned into practice right away.
Dates weekly classes & intensives
Additional to the weekly meetings there are five intensive weekends in Rotterdam and two intensive weeks at the seminar house Yoga Vidya Bad Meinberg (Germany) within the 2 year program. These are designed to deepen and intensify your practice. Without the distractions of your everyday life you will experience a depth which brings your practice to a new level. The spiritual atmosphere and tranquility of the powerful retreat centre in Germany will support deep experiences during meditation.
Weekly class in Rotterdam
Every Wednesday morning 09.00 – 12.30
Start 18 January 2023
Dates of the intensives of the first year:
Intensive week in Bad Meinberg (Germany)
1st year: 17 – 24 September 2023 (Sunday till Sunday)
Intensive weekends in Rotterdam
18&19 March 2023 | 10&11 June 2023 | 28&29 Okt 2023
(all weekends include Saturday & Sunday)
17 July till 13 August 2023
18 December 2023 till 7 January 2024
Dates of the second year will be announced in June 2023.
The training classes end in December 2024.
Exam weekend in Bad Meinberg wil take place in January or February 2025.
Recognition & Examination
Yoga Vidya is Europe’s leading education institute for yoga teachers. We are recognized by & registered at the international organization Yoga Alliance. Vidya e. V. is recognized and registered as training institute by the international organization Yoga Alliance. This 2-year yoga teacher training is recognized by the Yoga Alliance with 500 hours. Once registered with the Yoga Alliance you may use the title RYT 500. It is also possible to register at the Nederlandse Yoga Vereniging.
Requirement for admission to the exam is participation in the Yoga Vidya Teacher Training Course. The exam consists of at least four times teaching, a written exam and, if needed, an oral exam. The Exam will be held at Yoga Vidya Bad Meinberg (D) during a weekend at the end of the training.
With the completion of the 200 hour Yoga Vidya teacher training (4 weeks intensive) you may start in the 2nd year of the 2-year teacher training. With the completion of the 200 hour training at the Sivananda organization (4 week intensive) and after an approved demonstration lessons, you may start in the 2nd year of the 2-year Yoga teacher training. Other courses or classes do not count on this Yoga teacher training program
We offer 4 different prices depending on the choice of accommodation during the intensive week in Germany. The costs are extended over a period of two years (24 months) and will be conducted from your account each month around the first.
- € 216 per month (dormitory or tent)
- € 225 per month (4-bedroom)
- € 237 per month (2-bedroom)
- € 250 per month (single room)
The dormitory counts 6-12 beds. The single room has its own bathroom.
The monthly fee includes:
- All Yoga Teacher Training course lessons
- A monthly subscription that gives access to one additional weekly yoga class of Yoga Vidya’s daily yoga schedule
- Accommodation and organic, vegetarian/vegan meals during the intensive weeks
- Practical and theoretical exam
- Certificate when completed the training
- Yoga Teacher Manual, Kirtan book and Yoga Vidya carry bag
- Discount for many workshops & events at Yoga Vidya Rotterdam
- 20% discount on all seminars at the Yoga Vidya seminar houses in Germany
- All discounts are valid during the 2-year course period
- Per training year approximately €70,- for books and class material
- Travel expenses to Bad Meinberg, approximately €50,- per year
- €75 | Early Bird before 1st of January 2023
Including the Yoga Teachers Manual & a personal intake conversation at Yoga Vidya Rotterdam or by (skype) call.
- €175 | Late Bird before 18th of January 2023
We really prefer you sign up before the 1st of January! If you can give a full YES before the 1st, then go for it!
Conditions & Requirements
- Basic knowledge of asana and yoga philosophy are necessary to have an idea what to expect in this training.
- Regular participation in the training lessons and the desire to develop your self are assumed.
- Every day you will have to set aside approximately 30–90 minutes for your personal practice.
- During the second year we ask you to abstain from using drugs, alcohol, tobacco, meat and fish (because of advanced pranayama practice).
- The training will be given entirely in English and the literature is mostly English too. It is therefore necessary that you are familiar with the English language.
- Prerequisite for admission to the exam is a presence of at least 78 (of 87) of the weekly classes and full attendance of the 6 intensive weekends and the 2 intensive weeks.
- Missed classes and weekends can be replaced by following suitable workshops/seminars at Yoga Vidya Rotterdam or at the Yoga Vidya seminar houses (Germany). This involves expenses.
- If the program has to be aborted for any reason, this is possible but in that case a payment of 25% of the remaining training fee has to be made.
Dissatisfaction can always occur and should first be discussed with those directly involved. If there is a complaint, we would like to come out stronger together. Find the entire procedure in our complaints regulation:
Janine Brall (Rama Shakti) – Senior Teacher of the Yoga Teacher Training, Founder of Yoga Vidya Rotterdam; experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher, Spiritual coach, Reiki Master/ teacher, Ayurveda therapist, Vedanta scholar. She practices yoga intensively for more than 15 years and is constantly learning and training herself by visiting courses and spiritual teachers in Europe and India.
She is looking forward to guide you on your yoga path with an in-depth and down to earth approach. For specific topics guest teachers will be invited.
Justien Beijn – experienced yoga teacher. She has a down to earth personality & teaching style. Inspires the students through her creative approach to yoga.
Patricia Veltri – experienced yoga teacher and Ayurvedic practitioner. She loves sharing het wisdom on healthy and happy living.
Nadine Helm (Lakshmi Devi) – experienced yoga teacher specialized on mindfulness and non-violent communication. She teaches with awareness, dedication and refinement.
Olaf Brandt (Sadashiva) – experienced yoga teacher, master of advanced asanas and able to bring you to intens concentration. Yoga therapist.
Angélique Boset – exprienced Yoga Teacher, Teacher Training educator and continuous education provider (YA). Specialized in Yin Yoga and Anatomy.
Guest teachers o.a.:
Nuthan Manohar – Stress relief & purpose
Lonneke van Eersel – Yoga for the back
Linda Hartenberg (Chitrani) – Anatomy
Swami Saradananda – Yoga philosophy
HarilalJi Karanath – Yoga Therapy
Swami Tattvarupananda – Jnana Yoga & Vedanta
You will receive a comprehensive yoga teacher manual and asana charts. The following books must be purchased:
- ‘The Bhagavad Gita’ by Swami Sivananda (free download)
- ‘Das Yoga Vidya Asana-Buch’ by Sukadev Bretz or ‘YOGA – your home practice companion’ by Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre
- ‘The Complete Illustrated book of Yoga’ by Swami Vishnu Devananda
- ‘Meditation and Mantras’ by Swami Vishnu Devananda
- ‘The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali’ by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- ‘The Hatha Yoga Pradipika’ by Yogi Hari
- Anatomy Atlas of choice
More Information & Sign up
Please email Rama Shakti at email@example.com or call 06 25 100 420 for more information or if you want to discuss your personal situation. You are also welcome to visit our centre for classes at any time.
Free information evenings:
Sunday 18.30-20.00 on:
– 11 September 2022
– 9 October
– 13 November
– 11 December
Please register through the event-page or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YES I want to register to the Yoga Teacher Training!
Click the sign up button below and you will be guided through the sign up procedure for the Yoga Teacher Training.