Yoga Teacher Training
This unique Yoga Teacher Training Course gives you the opportunity to deepen your yoga practice, achieve big personal changes and to become a knowledgeable & certified yoga teacher. Teaching yoga is a fulfilling and responsible task. It requires a strong yoga practice & precise knowledge of teaching methodology. You will develop these during the training. We proudly offer this training for the 13th time!
New start in 2024
Start: 17 January 2024
Duration: 2 years
Day & time: Every Wednesday 14.00 – 17.30
Intensives: 6 weekends & 2 weeks
We are happy to discuss your personal situation and check whether training is for you. Call Rama Shakti on 0625100420.
Or sign up for one of our free ´Introduction to Yogic Lifestyle´ workshops:
Sunday 3 & 10 December – 19:00-20:30
Yoga develops the whole personality. You will notice this in increasing health and vitality, and success and fulfillment in professional and family relationships. With regular practice the connection between you and your environment will grow. You will discover your hidden talents and can gradually begin expanding them. Yoga leads to awareness, higher levels of consciousness and develops your connection with your true Self. Through your personal practice you will generate life energy (prana) which will give you the charisma needed to inspire people. By integrating your yoga knowledge in daily life you will become a strong and rooted teacher.
We, Yoga Vidya Rotterdam represent a pragmatic, non-dogmatic and spiritual yoga. During the training you will work with diverse techniques and thereby discover what is best for you. You retain the freedom to integrate elements of other yoga or exercise systems into your practice. After all, yoga helps you to experience life in its fullness and completeness.
The Yoga Teacher Training Course consists of intensive practice of Hatha yoga (postures, breath, relaxation, cleansing, anatomy, teaching methods, diet & Ayurveda), Kundalini yoga (energetic practices, astral body, chakras), Raja yoga (meditation & concentration practices, yogic values), Bhakti yoga (Mantra’s and rituals), Jnana yoga (inquiry, study of scriptures) and Karma yoga (yoga in daily life activity).
Traditional Yoga with a modern touch.
We use century old & effective techniques from the holistic yoga, based on the teachings of Swami Sivananda. Supplemented with scientific knowledge from physics, medicine and psychology, the system of classical yoga is relevant for the 21st century.
The first year is a systematic training of all aspects of your personality and creates a solid foundation for your own practice and teaching. The second year includes the deepening of your own practice and the study of classical yoga scriptures (Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika and the Yoga Sutras). Human anatomy, physiology, and kinematics are also covered. You learn the basics of teaching yoga with emphasis on: Beginners, intermediate, advanced, yoga for the back, yoga for pregnancy, yoga for children, yoga for seniors. Through teaching each other in small groups with professional supervision you will collect valuable teaching experiences.
This training is very comprehensive and therefor gives you a very good basis to become an authentic yoga practitioner and yoga teacher.
At the end of the Teacher Training Course there will be an exam weekend in Germany.
Yoga every week!
The weekly meeting includes: asanas, pranayama, deep relaxation (Savasana),
meditation, mental techniques, mantra singing, lecture, discussion and a light vegan/vegetarian meal. The continuity of weekly meetings enable a systematic training and individual coaching. Each week, new exercises are recommended and tasks for daily life are given. In this way you are able and encouraged to put what you have learned into practice right away.
Dates weekly classes & intensives
Additional to the weekly meetings there are five intensive weekends in Rotterdam and two intensive weeks at the seminar house Yoga Vidya Bad Meinberg (Germany) within the 2 year program. These are designed to deepen and intensify your practice. Without the distractions of your everyday life you will experience a depth which brings your practice to a new level. The spiritual atmosphere and tranquility of the powerful retreat centre in Germany will support deep experiences during meditation.
Weekly class in Rotterdam
Every Wednesday afternoon: 14.00-17.30
Start 17 January 2024
Dates of the intensives of the first year:
Intensive week in Bad Meinberg (Germany)
1st year: 22 – 29 September 2024 (Sunday till Sunday)
Intensive weekends in Rotterdam
23&24 March 2024 | 8&9 June 2024 | 9&10 Nov 2024
(all weekends include Saturday & Sunday)
22 July till 18 August 2024
16 December 2024 till 5 January 2025
Dates of the second year will be announced in June 2024.
The training classes end in December 2025.
Exam weekend in Bad Meinberg wil take place in January or February 2026.
Recognition & Examination
Yoga Vidya is Europe’s leading education institute for yoga teachers. We are recognized by & registered at the international organization Yoga Alliance. Vidya e. V. is recognized and registered as training institute by the international organization Yoga Alliance. This 2-year yoga teacher training is recognized by the Yoga Alliance with 500 hours. Once registered with the Yoga Alliance you may use the title RYT 500. It is also possible to register at the Nederlandse Yoga Vereniging.
Requirement for admission to the exam is participation in the Yoga Vidya Teacher Training Course. The exam consists of at least four times teaching, a written exam and, if needed, an oral exam. The Exam will be held at Yoga Vidya Bad Meinberg (D) during a weekend at the end of the training.
With the completion of the 200 hour Yoga Vidya teacher training (4 weeks intensive) you may start in the 2nd year of the 2-year teacher training. With the completion of the 200 hour training at the Sivananda organization (4 week intensive) and after an approved demonstration lessons, you may start in the 2nd year of the 2-year Yoga teacher training. Other courses or classes do not count on this Yoga teacher training program
Tuition Fee weekly training classes & Intensive weekends in Rotterdam:
We offer you a special discount with registration before the 16th of December 2023:
€ 4.400 (save €500!)
Additional bonus: Receive a free 1 class per week subscription valid during the 2 years of Teacher Training. Register before the 16th of December 2023 to receive your bonus.
The Rotterdam fee includes:
- All Yoga Teacher Training course lessons in Rotterdam during the 2 year training.
- Personal (or video call) intake conversation with the main training teacher
- BONUS: A monthly subscription that gives access to one additional weekly yoga class of Yoga Vidya’s daily yoga schedule during the 2 year training period.
Payment in 24 installments is possible on request. An administration fee will be charged.
Fee Intensive weeks & Examination in Bad Meinberg:
- € 1.392 (dormitory or tent)
- € 1.632 (4-bedroom)
- € 1.920 (2-bedroom)
- € 2.232 (single room)
The dormitory counts 6-12 beds. The single room has its own bathroom.
Payment in 24 installments is possible on request.
The Bad Meinberg fee includes:
- Two intensive weeks of 7 days (one in the 1st year, one in the 2nd year)
- One exam weekend.
- All courses & classes during the intensive weeks and exam weekend.
- Accommodation in the chosen room category.
- Two daily organic, vegetarian/vegan meals during the intensive weeks and exam weekend.
- Practical and theoretical exam.
- Certificate when succesfully completed the training.
- Yoga Teacher Manual, Kirtan book and Yoga Vidya carry bag.
- 20% discount on all seminars at the Yoga Vidya seminar houses in Germany during the 2-year course period.
- During the training you will have to purchase 4-5 study books and a Yoga mat & neti pot/string for your own practice.
- Travel expenses to Bad Meinberg Germany.
Conditions & Requirements
- Basic knowledge of asana and yoga philosophy are necessary to have an idea what to expect in this training.
- Regular participation in the training lessons and the desire to develop your self are assumed.
- Every day you will have to set aside approximately 30–90 minutes for your personal practice.
- During the second year we ask you to abstain from using drugs, alcohol, tobacco, meat and fish (because of advanced pranayama practice and practicing yogic ethics).
- The training will be given entirely in English and the literature is mostly English too. It is therefore necessary that you are familiar with the English language.
- Prerequisite for admission to the exam is a presence of at least 78 (of 87) of the weekly classes and full attendance of the 6 intensive weekends and the 2 intensive weeks.
- Missed classes and weekends can be replaced by following suitable workshops/seminars at Yoga Vidya Rotterdam or at the Yoga Vidya seminar houses (Germany). This involves expenses.
- If the program has to be aborted for any reason, the remaining training fee has to be paid. Completion of the course in a future Teacher Training group is possible.
Dissatisfaction can always occur and should first be discussed with those directly involved. If there is a complaint, we would like to come out stronger together. Find the entire procedure in our complaints regulation:
Study guide 2024 – 2025
Janine Brall (Rama Shakti) – Senior Teacher of the Yoga Teacher Training will guide you through this in-depth training, She is the founder of Yoga Vidya Rotterdam, 46 old and mother of 3 kids. She has more than 15 years experience as a Trainer, Yoga teacher & coach, leading students to a more conscious and fulfilled life. She is also a Reiki Master, Yoga therapist & Ayurvedic massage therapist. Rama Shakti practiced yoga intensively for more than 20 years and is constantly learning and training herself by visiting courses and (spiritual) teachers. She fully lives Yoga and has adapted a yogic lifestyle. Currently she is learning to guide family- & organisation constellations, to deepen het own healing and to contribute to the healing of others.
She is looking forward to guiding you on your yoga path with an in-depth and down to earth approach.
- Experienced yoga teacher of the yoga Vidya team will also guide Asana classes and lectures.
- Guest teachers will occasionally enrich the Yoga Teacher Training with their specific knowledge.
- The intensive week in Germany will be guided by experienced Teachers from the Seminar house (Yoga Vidya Ashram).
You will receive a comprehensive yoga teacher manual and asana charts. The following books must be purchased:
- ‘The Bhagavad Gita’ by Swami Sivananda (free download)
- ‘Das Yoga Vidya Asana-Buch’ by Sukadev Bretz or ‘YOGA – your home practice companion’ by Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre
- ‘The Complete Illustrated book of Yoga’ by Swami Vishnu Devananda
- ‘Meditation and Mantras’ by Swami Vishnu Devananda
- ‘The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali’ by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- ‘The Hatha Yoga Pradipika’ by Yogi Hari
- Anatomy Atlas of choice
More Information & Sign up
Please email Rama Shakti at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 06 25 100 420 for more information or if you want to discuss your personal situation. You are also welcome to visit our centre for yoga classes at any time.
We also offer two free workshops that give an impression of the Yoga Teacher Training: ´Introduction to Yogic Lifestyle´ – 3 & 10 December 2023, 19.00-20.30
YES I want to register to the Yoga Teacher Training!
Click the sign up button below and you will be guided through the sign up procedure for the Yoga Teacher Training.